Proto-pasta FEP11701 Rustable Magnetic Iron Spool , PLA 1.75 mm, 125g , Gray
P>proto-pasta magnetic iron PLA responds to magnets and behaves similarly to Pure iron, even to the point of rusting in the right environment! magnets â€śstickâ€ť to this Material like they would to iron or steel; it is not a magnet itself and will not â€śstickâ€ť to other metal. Magnetic iron prints beautifully with a matte Gray finish similar to cast metal. The density is about 50 percent higher than standard PLA giving printed parts a bit more â€śheftâ€ť and a less plastic feel.
in filament form, fepla is slightly more brittle than standard PLA and requires extra care when handling. Processing is Comparable to standard PLA. No heated bed required. Process may be less consistent on smaller nozzles and/or bowden Type machines. We frequently print using direct-drive systems with 0.4mm nozzles, though suggest 0.6mm and 190-210c (standard PLA or a bit cooler) for the best experience. This filament is more abrasive than standard PLA. Be prepared to replace your nozzle and do 1st layer adjustment. Try a wear resistant and/or larger diameter nozzle for increased service intervals.
contact Proto-pasta for more information.
- Magnetsstickto this material and Printed parts made with it
- Material is matte Gray with a cast metal look. Surface can be rusted with a water mixture for an ageddistressed look
- Processing is comparable to standard PLA. No heated bed required. Process may be less consistent on smaller nozzles (<.4mm) andor bowden Type machines
- We recommend printing this material at 190c-230c using a 4 mm or larger nozzle. Please Note that this filament is more brittle than normal PLA and requires more careful handling to prevent breaking
- Designed and manufactured in the USA with quality and customer service as a top priorities. Usa sourced packaging and labor